Re: Hello

  • katfletcher
    Message 1 of 85 , Jun 3, 2002
      Greetings Aislinn!
      Good persona choice ;) (personal bias!)
      I know we have a couple others from the Alaska region, although you
      have a very big state up there so how close anyone is to anyone else,
      I can't say!
      I don't really do any spinning or weaving but I love a good lucet for
      making cord. In my persona's opinion, beer is just a good way to get
      leavening for bread and herbs are great for cooking but that just
      means we would make a good team! I like to do much of my research on-
      line these days. I have a local partner in cooking crime who is
      better at the paper book research. Again, a good match!
      There are a several good links in the bookmarks section about persona
      development. I will check my bookmarks later and see what I have for
      Anglo-Saxon but right now I need to get my tail in gear and get out
      the door to work.
      Great to hear from you!
      Kathryn

      --- In scanewcomers@y..., "aislinn_de_juatt" <fsvly@u...> wrote:
      > Hello,
      > I am Aislinn de Juatt, I am currently a student at the College of
      st.
      > Boniface in Winters Gate (University of Alaska Fairbanks). At the
      > present moment however I am quite at home in The Shire of
      Selviergard,
      > i.e Wasilla Alaska.
      >
      > I have been lurking for quite a while and have picked up quite a bit
      > of usefull information. My persona apears to be developing as an
      > Anglo-saxon/Norman around the early-mid 11th century, any help in
      > further development, especially in the area's of weaving, spinning,
      > brewing, and herbal arts would be greatly apriciated.
      >
      > Aislinn de Juatt
      > Principality of Oertha
      >
      > MKA Veronica Young
    • Stefan li Rous
      Message 85 of 85 , Nov 16, 2010
        <<< I'm very new to the SCA . I just join friday and I would very much like info on what I should do next . Thank you. >>>

        Well, what interested you in the SCA? You like doing crafts things? You like the romance of the Middle Ages? You like to try to bash people with wooden clubs? You like to sew? With some idea of your interests we can probably point you to some info.

        Need a place to look through some information online? If so, you might wish to start with the files in the NEWCOMERS section of my Florilegium website at: http://www.florilegium.org There are a couple of dozen other subject areas and currently about 2300 different files there, so hopefully you will find some files of interest.

        Be careful though. Several people have told me about going there for a "quick look" at something and suddenly realizing they had been looking at stuff for an hour. :-)

        Stefan
        PS: And if you enjoy what's there, please click on an ad or two, so I can keep it going.
        --------