Greetings from a newbie

  • starrbreeze@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2 2:09 AM
      Hello, my name is Dawn, and I'm a lurker.
      I have been to a couple of events up here in Oertha, Eskalya
      (Anchorage, Alaska) and I am quite interested, but rather shy. My
      husband used to work with our Baron/Prince, but I have only met him once
      or twice. Also, our group is really small and everyone seems to have
      their "cliques", and I haven't been able to work up the nerve.
      I have also found that, due to my mundane name, I am supposed to
      bring a side dish to our potluck events, and I event got a clue! Please
      help!
      Well I think that's enough rambling for my first time.
      My thanks in advance,
      Dawn
    • Stephanie Hostman
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 3 12:59 AM
        Dawn, I think we know each other. My hubby and I will be at 3 baron's
        next weekend and Newcomer's on the 15th and 16th. He is stepping up as
        Baronial Herald so we will be going to A lot more events this summer.
        Don't feel bad about not knowing many people, I don't know many either.
        That's one reason I am beginning to volunteer for Constab. You'll meet
        everyone as they come in. Most everyone is nice if you give them a
        chance, I've only met a few that have attitudes I don't agree with and
        even they can be nice.

        Find us at 3 Baron's next weekend or at Newcomer's the following. And
        if all else fails, jump in with both feet. We are gaining a new baron
        and baroness soon nd they will need people to help them.

        YIS,
        Stephanie (ok, so I haven't got a Society name yet, I'm still working on
        it!)