Can you tell I'm on digest?

  • Dan and Jennifer
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2002
      Responding to several posts...

      I'm just plain English! Mabel de Wymburn, living on a manor outside of
      Norwich around 1350-1365. Husband away fighting in the wars so it is up
      to me to tend to hearth and land and care for our people.

      Plus, a Loud Huzzah! to Lord Earnan MacKay!!

      Many congratulations on your achievement! One of the wondrous things
      about the SCA is court, especially court at "field events". I know that
      many people choose to not attend court at events. I highly recommend
      you try it at least once. Morning court tells you what happens that
      day. Evening court lets you know who did what. At Daffodil Archery
      last weekend he small number of us who gathered for court Sunday evening
      (or casual "Courtlet" as our Baroness called it) made as loud a noise as
      a hundred as our cry of "An Tir!" bounced back from the trees and
      echoed across the Orting site.

      YIS,

      MAbel de Wymburn
    • katfletcher
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 3, 2002
        Hooray!!
        Greetings cousin, even if you be many generations after me, you are
        cousin indeed!
        I do agree with you about courts. There is considerable variety in
        how interesting they can be. Given the right people on the high
        seats, they can be a ton of fun. Some are more business oriented with
        less humor but almost every court I have been to has been worth it in
        terms of being interesting. They are a major part of any event.
        Kathryn

        --- In scanewcomers@y..., Dan and Jennifer <danandjay@e...> wrote:
        > Responding to several posts...
        >
        > I'm just plain English! Mabel de Wymburn, living on a manor
        outside of
        > Norwich around 1350-1365. Husband away fighting in the wars so it
        is up
        > to me to tend to hearth and land and care for our people.
        <snip>