Re: Introduction of new member, Cassandra

  • njal_tjorkilsson
    Message 1 of 2 , May 16, 2002
      Welcome aboard!
      There are several groups in the Chicago area, you'll have to check
      them all out to see which you like best. They will all be generally
      helpful to newcomers.

      Don't worry about membership right now. It's no biggie, do it
      whenever you can afford it.

      We have a pretty good links section, so sift through that to get
      ideas.
      also the following links for persona/ garb stuff:
      http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/cariadoc/miscellany.html
      http://www.dnaco.net/~aleed/corsets/general.html
      http://www.rezonate.com/gpearl/midclas1.htm
      http://home1.gte.net/kmvogt/garbtopics.html
      http://www.ealdormere.sca.org/university/garb.shtml

      Kingdom of the Middle:
      http://www.midrealm.org/
      Region of the midlands:
      http://www.midrealm.org/seneschallorum/index.phtml#Midlands
      (here you can find links to the local branches.)

      Forms of address:
      http://www.dreamwater.net/ukmedieval/address.htm
      http://www.inlandregion.org/SCA/misc/forms-of-address.html

      I hope this is helpful. If you need any help or have any questions
      please feel free to ask. We have several old-timres here in addition
      to a multitude of newcomers just like you who have had similar
      experiences and run into the same problems etc...

      Welcome to the Current Middle Ages Cassandra!

      In Omnia Veritas,
      Njall Tjorkilsson, KSCA