Re: [SCA Newcomers] Digest Number 50

  • njal_tjorkilsson
    Message 1 of 7 , May 15, 2002
      Actally hälsningar is swedish.
      The spelling I believe can be done a couple different ways. Then
      there is a similarity in dialect between the different scandinavian
      languages anyway. Modern Danish has some similarites to German as
      well.

      "good day" is god dag in swedish.
      also:

      good afternoon---god eftermiddag
      good day---god dag
      good evening---god kväll
      good morning---god morgon

      check out the following link for the Swedish Translator online:
      http://www-lexikon.nada.kth.se/cgi-bin/skolverket/swe-eng

      Enjoy

      Njall

      --- In scanewcomers@y..., Angel Pippin <mary_therese2000@y...> wrote:

      > Milord Njall,
      >
      > Is that word related to "Guten Tag"? I speak a little German, and I
      never have heard that word that you used for greetings. I am just
      curios because mundanely I am 1/2 German, and I have a love for the
      language.