Re: [SCA Newcomers] German Persona

  • D Dreessen
    Message 1 of 2 , May 6, 2002
      Jane,
      Yes, Maximillian is a German name. Maximillian I was one of the Holy Roman
      Emperors and was the one who first thought to copy the fighting style of the
      Swiss creating the German Landsknecht Units.

      As far as documentation for names...I just went digging in the genealogy
      department of my county library.

      In regards to persona...it all depends on what your son would like to do.
      Remember the nomadic German tribes were around during the reign of the Roman
      Empire, and may of the "viking" raiders were Saxon (one of the German
      regions). Does he want to be more barbarian or more Late Renaissance? The
      was even a German Knightly Order in the Catholic Church. The Teutonic Order.
      Just about anything done in period in the SCA can be done with a German
      touch. If I can be any help just let me know.

      Herr Ehrenfried Schertenleib
      Landsknecht of the Middle Kingdom