Re: Introductions

  • seticat
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2 12:52 AM
      Greetings, all. My name is Rowan [female type] and I hie from the Barony of
      Blatha an Oir in the Kingdom of An Tir. Both names are Gaelic. 'Blatha an
      Oir' means' Golden Blossoms' for the fields and fields of daffodils that
      grow around us. 'An Tir' means 'The Land' and we, as a people, are blessed
      to live here under the guidance of the Sable Lion and Lioness, Our Rulers.

      I am interested in a bit of everything from handcrafts to heavy fighting
      [thought I haven't been in armor recently] and am a serious service junkie.

      As to how long I've 'Lived the Dream in These Current Middle Ages' ... let's
      just say, 'for a while' and 'not long enough'. :}

      Rowan
    • teah
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 11, 2004
        G'Day...I am Teah from Ohio, and am just entering into the SCA realm.
        Because I do have Rom blood in me, I have decided to acquire a
        Bohemian persona, aka gypsy. My name for now, will be Magdale'na.
        With me comes a troop of living Beings...my mare, in persona is a
        gypsy cob and a 190 lb dog named Joseph. (I understand there is a
        debate about animals being allowed on the grounds? Indeed? Can
        someone inform me?)I also have a 20 year old daughter who will be
        joining me but she is not a cyber hound like I am so I am the one
        doing the research.

        I would like some practical advise about costuming, especially in
        regard to genders. In my time period (1200's or earlier, I havent
        decided..it depends upon the foreced migration)the genders wore the
        same clothing. But try as I might, i have not found any reference to
        what kind of clothing. Its as though, the People didnt exist until
        Christianity came in to their lives. Or maybe I am just not finding
        the right sights.

        And I would like some advice on how to know where to land. So many
        groups!

        Thank you and again, G'Day...