Re: [SCA Newcomers] Introduction

  • D Dreessen
    Message 1 of 33 , May 1, 2002
      Jane,
      I don't know if someone already answered your question, but if not...the
      best way to meet people in the SCA is to find things that you are interested
      in at an event. Find someone that is involve in the activity and say, "Hi.
      I'm new" and ask questions. More than likely if they are doing something
      that interests you they will be more than happy to talk about it.
      Friendships will naturely spring from there.

      Herr Ehrenfried Schertenlieb
      Constellation Regional Herald

    • Sarah Krans
      Message 33 of 33 , Dec 28, 2004
        Actually, you can directly compare (placing the fabric under the
        yarn/colour swatches which are hand dyed with natural dyes) and tell
        which colours are able to be reproduced with natural dyes despite the
        fabric actually being dyed with synthetic dyes. There is a noticable
        difference between colours that can ONLY be achieved synthetically and
        those that can be achieved through natural means. Keep in mind, though
        that there are quite a few colours available today which are achieved
        synthetically but can be achieved naturally - sorry if that is
        confusing.

        Sarah