Re: [SCA Newcomers] Re: What is a lucet?

  • Aine ingen MaelPatraic
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 30, 2002
      > Try hear for picture and a more detailed
      > explanation.
      > http://www.duke.edu/~scg3/lucet.html

      While I don't lucet (yet?), I did managed to find a
      site with some very good photos and instructions. Try
      these:

      http://kws.atlantia.sca.org/photos/lucet/lucet.html
      http://kws.atlantia.sca.org/photos/doublelucet/

      Both sites have lots of photos, so they may take a bit
      to load over a modem (took me about two minutes) to
      get them all. They appear to be worth it, though.. I
      think I could learn based on them. *smile*

      /a

      Aine ingen MaelPatraic

      http://health.yahoo.com
    • seticat
      Message 2 of 13 , May 2, 2002
        I learned how to make what I now know is lucet cord back in Girl Scouts.
        Remember the old wooden thread spool and the four or 5 small nails on the
        top? That's a four or five round lucet cord.

        Once I figured that out, learning to do it on the lucet itself was much
        easier.

        Rowan
        Barony of Blatha an Oir
        Kingdom of An Tir