Re: Known World Handbook

  • katfletcher
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30, 2002
      Dear Jane,
      I am not 100% sure what the latest version has in it. My copy is a
      couple of decades out of date. I look on mine as ideal for a group to
      own, pretty good for someone in their first few months, and not bad
      for someone up to a couple of years. There is probably not much for
      someone who has been in longer as they generally will have other
      resources available to them by that time. Or, if you are part of a
      very small group, it would probably be useful. On the other hand, if
      you are part of a large, very active and friendly group, you are
      unlikely to need anything in the book at all!
      Mine has comments on beginner garb, feast gear, camping, armor (Very
      out of date!), some simple heraldry and things of that nature.
      To be honest, you can find most of that stuff on line these days.
      I recommend looking at someone elses copy or try the Chatelaine's
      Table at your next event to see if they have a copy you could look
      over.
      Kathryn

      --- In scanewcomers@y..., Jane Allard Gray