An POP alert! OffTopic

  • Denise R
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 23, 2002
      As per their message to users, Yahoo will be slamming the door on
      Pop-Services. That means that the only way you can read any account (such
      as gypsycaine@... ) is on their webpage for Yahoo! Mail, or pay the
      fee that they want you to.

      Of course, if you're an Outlook/Outlook Express user, and shuttle in your
      email, that will affect you. The mail will instead pile up in your on-site
      account, and be counted to the 4 meg max of mail storage you're allowed to
      have (or 6, if grandfathered in).

      If you prefer reading and answering through OE like me, you may want to
      switch your email addy to a Non-Yahoo! account.

      Or you can their stupid fees?

      Dee

      ------------------------------------

      Original letter from Yahoo!

      -------------------------------------

      Hello,

      Important service announcement regarding your POP3 or Mail Forwarding
      service. Please read on.

      Effective April 24, 2002, Yahoo! Mail will no longer provide free POP3
      Access or Auto Mail Forwarding to Yahoo! Delivers subscribers.

      If you would like to continue using Mail Forwarding or POP3 Access, please
      subscribe to our improved package that allows you to:

      Use Outlook, Eudora, or another POP3 client to access and manage your Yahoo!
      Mail.
      Automatically forward your Yahoo! Mail to another email account -- even
      another Yahoo! address!
      Send larger attachments, now up to 5MB instead of the free 1.5MB limit.
      Send email without the Yahoo! promotional text at the bottom.*

      Sign up today and SAVE 33%

      Subscribe before April 24th and get the first year of service for just
      $19.99. That's 33% off the regular service fee of $29.99.

      Remember, if you do not subscribe by April 24, 2002, you will no longer be
      able to access your Yahoo! Mail messages by POP or at another email address.

      Sincerely,
      The Yahoo! Mail Team

      For further information, please read our frequently asked questions. Please
      note that your Yahoo! Delivers settings will not be affected.

      *Applies only to email sent through the Yahoo! SMTP servers.