Re: Viking and Faroese music... any interest?

  • vikinggirl1224
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 14, 2002
      - I believe early-period music from the Danelands would be well
      received. Alas, "viking rock" is very often "Neo-Nazi" in content to
      a great extent and unless you can understand Swedish/Danish/German
      you may not even be aware of it. I would definitely be interested in
      the period music! Although, I'm pretty sure Snorre' Sturlasson never
      mentioned the Vikings listening to, nor inventing rock n' roll within
      their timeline....heh!
      In Frith- Lady Rhiannon

      -- In scanewcomers@y..., Scott Szakonyi <thorsman99@y...> wrote:

      > Hello all,
      >
      > Hope I'm not offending anyone, but I have an opportunity to
      distribute CDs for a Faroese record company that offers a number of
      traditional music CDs, and also some Viking-oriented rock, etc. I'm
      trying to get a feeling for any interest before I put down cash.
      What do you think? Prices would be about $14.

      > I've bought one of their CDs, Vikinga Seidur, which is a mix of
      tradional and modern interpretations, played on replica period
      instruments. I really like it; it's very well done. Mind you it's
      in Danish, and I can't understand a single word, but I enjoy it even
      so.

      > Thanks in advance for your feedback, and if I've offended with
      this, please accept my apologies.