Questions: Heraldry and Archery

  • autumnriver
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2002
      I have a couple of questions that I hope someone might be able to
      help with.

      I'm returning after a long period of inactivity. My husband is
      essentially a newbie. We recently moved to Dubuque, Iowa (a little
      city right on the corner of Iowa, Illinois and Wisconsin)--thus,
      we're on the corner of Calontir, the Midrealm and Northshield.
      Triple the fun! Lots of groups within a few hours drive! But none
      here, alas. We've had fun visiting with the nearest group, Dark River
      (Midrealm), a couple of times (neat folks!). But at an hour and a
      half each way, it's a little too far to drive during a weeknight very
      often.

      My question: Back when I was still active, I had registered my name
      and was awarded an AOA (this was in the Midrealm). According to the
      Corporate Office, Dubuque lies within Calontir. So, if I want to
      change my persona name (which I do) and work on a device, do I need
      to contact a herald in one of the Calontir groups? Or can we work
      with a herald in the Midrealm?

      Also, we'd like to learn about archery. Are there some good websites
      for absolute beginners? Most I've seen went waaay above my head.
      There's an archery range nearby where we could arrange to practice,
      so we figured we could work on our skills and then hopefully be able
      to participate during events. Does archery require authorization
      like heavy weapons or rapier fighting? If so, could we be authorized
      in one kingdom and participate in another's activities?

      Thanks for your help!

      --Maria