Hello

  • dereelvic
    Message 1 of 85 , Mar 20, 2002
      I have been lurking for a little while now and thought I would share
      my story.
      My husband and I made friends with a local couple late last year.
      The day they met my husband they looked at him and said "VIKING"
      We learnt then all about the SCA. They also admired the trebuchet my
      husband had built after watching a documentaty on TV.

      So our SCA life was launched. My husband has chosen a persona true to
      his looks and family history. He makes a great viking (Regnar).
      I chose the name Eyrika and our daughter (9) chose Gwendolyn.
      The first event we attended was a newcomers picnic. As my friends
      were helping organise the day, I got in there and helped all I could.
      I made garb for us all. Did heaps of cooking. Helped sew banners, and
      organised a display of spinning and weaving. I was very pleased with
      my efforts.
      The event was even attended by the Queen.
      We had a great day and it was topped of with me receiving an Award of
      Arms. Imagine that at my first event.. Well that has hooked us all
      well and truly. Ihave selected a full name Eyrika von Teklenburg and
      have decided for now to be a ghost. Floating thru the centuries until
      I deceide what time I what to be.

      Sorry for the waffle. Hoping to here more stories from others

      Eyrika von Teklenburg
      aka Sharon
    • Stefan li Rous
      Message 85 of 85 , Nov 16, 2010
        <<< I'm very new to the SCA . I just join friday and I would very much like info on what I should do next . Thank you. >>>

        Well, what interested you in the SCA? You like doing crafts things? You like the romance of the Middle Ages? You like to try to bash people with wooden clubs? You like to sew? With some idea of your interests we can probably point you to some info.

        Need a place to look through some information online? If so, you might wish to start with the files in the NEWCOMERS section of my Florilegium website at: http://www.florilegium.org There are a couple of dozen other subject areas and currently about 2300 different files there, so hopefully you will find some files of interest.

        Be careful though. Several people have told me about going there for a "quick look" at something and suddenly realizing they had been looking at stuff for an hour. :-)

        Stefan
        PS: And if you enjoy what's there, please click on an ad or two, so I can keep it going.
        --------