Good manners

  • seanait2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 7, 2002
      Greetings
      Lady Rhiannon

      Yes I agree with you that was the best example of good manners that I
      have seen. But it is refresh to know that there is within the SCA
      people who do not consider it a crime to play with more than the SCA.
      Actually the posts here have changed my mind about talking M'Lord
      (he's been in the SCA for several years) in to leaving. I didn't mean
      to keep on this subject but it's been on quite a few minds here
      lately.

      On a brighter note..from your addy I take it you might have a viking
      persona? If so Hellllp. I'm trying to put together a viking apron and
      I am having trouble finding brooche pins or something similair to use
      for the straps. Any suggestions wil be greatly appreciated.

      Trying to Live the Dream
      Seanait
    • vikinggirl1224
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 7, 2002
        ACK! milady Seanit- Heilsa & Good Cheer!
        Well it is always better to take a troubling subject out and give it
        some fresh air than to hide it under the bed. Okay did that make any
        sense at all? Its 4 am here and my cat just did something dastardley
        on top of my bed and now it smells terrible in there.......Cat skin
        gloves anyone? (just kidding!) Why "Yes", I do in fact have a Norse
        personae and Costuming is my gig, matter of fact I teach Norse womens
        clothing on occasion. (okay, Ill teach whenever asked) I know a few
        merchants that make and sell Gorgeous Broaches and I beleive they
        both ship, One is Redwolf Ltd. and the other is Duke Torgul. e-mail
        me and Ill send you the addys. If you have questions on the garb I
        will be most happy to answer to the best of my ability, also The
        viking answer lady is a fabulous resource and she is very helpful.
        In Frith,
        Lady
        Rhiannon - In
        scanewcomers@y..., seanait2000 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Greetings
        > Lady Rhiannon
        >
        > Yes I agree with you that was the best example of good manners that
        > have seen. But it is refresh to know that there is within the SCA
        > people who do not consider it a crime to play with more than the
        SCA.
        > Actually the posts here have changed my mind about talking M'Lord
        > (he's been in the SCA for several years) in to leaving. I didn't
        mean
        > to keep on this subject but it's been on quite a few minds here
        > lately.
        >
        > On a brighter note..from your addy I take it you might have a
        viking
        > persona? If so Hellllp. I'm trying to put together a viking apron
        and
        > I am having trouble finding brooche pins or something similair to
        use
        > for the straps. Any suggestions wil be greatly appreciated.
        >
        > Trying to Live the Dream
        > Seanait
      • njal_tjorkilsson
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 9, 2002
          In addition to Torgul
          http://home.attbi.com/~torgulsmith/frm-ndx.htm
          there is also Sir Torfin who makes nice stuff:
          http://home.earthlink.net/~bronzehammer/index.html
          and of course Raymond's quiet press:
          http://www.quietpress.com/
          All fine artisans and experts with the genre of art/ jewelry you are
          looking for.
          A+++

          Enjoy!
          Njall Tjorkilsson