Re: Non-SCA Kingdom of Pendronia

  • vikinggirl1224
    Message 1 of 2565 , Mar 6, 2002
      --- In scanewcomers@y..., seanait2000 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > As a senior member of the human race and a newbie to SCA I applaud
      > you all. I have had a hard time understanding why some think you
      > can't play in more than one place.You just might lose instead of
      > gaining with intolence of people who play elsewhere besides being
      in
      > the SCA.
      > Seanait

      Greetings Milord Seanit! Actually there are a lot of folks within
      this group and the SCA in general that play in more than one group!
      Most folks also attend Ren. Faires and belong to the guilds that play
      within that format; many others belong to SCA offshoot groups that
      function like the SCA but run their Awards system differently.(Empire
      of Chivalry & Steel, Adrian Empire, etc.) Then there are the re-
      enactment rings whom concentrate on a very specific time period or
      group of peoples,(Regia Anglorum, The Vikings,Frojel Gotlandica)Most
      of these groups are based overseas and are very rigid in their
      requirements to play.(Regia does have a few groups starting up here
      in the States by the way.) So basically there is something for
      everyone if your into Historical research and re-enactment! I think
      the only negativity to be found on this or any other group is when
      folks come in and immediately post their groups website and ask for
      new members...It just isnt considered good manners, no offense meant
      here by the way! Anyways, Welcome onboard its always great to hear a
      new voice!!

      In Good Frith,
      Lady Rhiannon
    • bubdog101