Re: Fighting Question

  • njal_tjorkilsson
    Message 1 of 2565 , Mar 3, 2002
      Yeah the rattan ones. I have to strip and re-tape
      them every few weeks (versus just re-taping, which
      makes for a really heavy stick).<br><br>I use planed
      down 2" sticks which are heavy all on their own. I
      also sometimes cover the sword with a rawhide skin
      (kind of a pain, but makes the sword last at least
      twice as long: but weighs more).<br><br>I also fight
      once or twice a week for a few hours each. So they
      really get a lot of use.<br><br>Rattan brooms out since
      it's a fibrous material (a grass). It takes some use
      to do that. More often I just have to strip/re-tape,
      fix thrusting tips, tighten a lag bolt, about once
      every month or so. It varies.<br><br>Rattan swords last
      pretty well considering what we do with em.<br><br>I've
      only actually snapped two. One was somebody elses
      stick which I found out was treated with an adhesive
      compound (which is illegal). The other got wrapped around
      a fella's helm who seemed to like beating the crap
      out of newbies. But that was actually wrong too. It
      was a long time ago and I'm much nicer
      now.<br><br>Njall
    • bubdog101
      Message 2565 of 2565 , Dec 6, 2003