Re: From a Distance

  • njal_tjorkilsson
    Message 1 of 2565 , Feb 8, 2002
      Welcome (back)!<br>As one who has started over a
      couple times, it is an interesting challenge. I myself
      live about 40 minutes from my local branch. It's a
      hike but I go in when I can. There is also another
      branch that has sort-of adopted me which is a little
      over two hours away. I get there when the roads and
      work (real-life) permit. Maybe once a month or two.
      It's rough sometimes and sometimes the fuel gets a
      little expensive but as long as we do it once in a while
      it's okay. Besides it's winter and the "off
      season".<br><br>In the summer we'll be travelling on average 4-5
      hours to each event( about once a month all summer) so
      the distance to my local branch really isn't an issue
      since we meet everyone there.<br><br>Hopefully there
      are other folks that "commute" from your area. That
      would make it easier to pal around. But even if there
      isn't you'll have to most likely go less often. It will
      make it more of a planned event/ road trip which can
      be fun all by itself. It's nice to get out once in a
      while and just take off for a daytrip.<br><br>A lot of
      information we can relay to you from here. With the WWW as a
      resourse you can pretty much do everything from home.
      Building stuff, sewing stuff, etc. We have folks from all
      walks of life and specialties here so feel free to ask
      lots of questions. We have easily over a hundred years
      of combined experience in medieval stuff here maybe
      even twice that since there are many old timers here
      Veritas<br>Njal Tjorkilsson
    • bubdog101
      Message 2565 of 2565 , Dec 6, 2003