Board of Directors comments request pt 3

  • katfletcher
    Message 1 of 2565 , Feb 5, 2002
      OPTION 1 - Tournaments Illuminated
      optional<br>Basic Membership: $35/year 3rd class; $42/year 1st
      class (Drachenwald and Ealdormere available 1st class
      only). Includes member's own Kingdom<br>newsletter.
      Dependent membership: $15/year (with a family cap of
      $70/year) available only to immediate family members of a
      Basic member Tournaments Illuminated: $10/year.
      Additional publications, including any additional Kingdom
      newsletters and Compleat Anachronist (per publication):
      $10/year 3rd class; $17/year 1st<br>class Board
      Proceedings: $17/year (available 1st class only; includes
      Board meeting minutes and Society Seneschal's report)
      OPTION 2 - all publications optional Basic membership:
      $25/year<br>Dependent membership: $15/year (family cap of $60/year)
      available only to immediate family members of a Basic
      member Publications, including all kingdom newsletters
      and Compleat Anachronist<br>(per publication):
      $10/year 3rd class; $17/year 1st class (Drachenwald and
      Ealdormere available 1st class only). Tournaments
      Illuminated: $10/year<br>Board Proceedings: $17/year
      (available 1st class only; includes Board meeting minutes
      and Society Seneschal's report) Alternate option for
      Board proceedings in both Options 1 and 2:
      Board<br>meeting minutes posted to the SCA web site. In this case
      the option to subscribe to the Proceedings would be
      dropped. The Society Seneschal's report would be dropped.
      Under either of the above options the membership
      categories would be reduced to two: Basic and Dependent (aka
      Family). OPTION 3 - A general increase in the price of
      membership. Membership categories and included publications
      would remain the same as<br>they are today. The price
      of each type of membership would increase by $5 to
      $10. OPTION 4 A significant increase in the number of
      paid Society members. We are NOT suggesting "pay to
      play". We would be very interested in suggestions for
      ways to encourage more of our participants to become
      paid members of the Society. Obviously, with more paid
      members to share the costs, each member's share of those
      costs is reduced. OTHER OPTIONS:Other options that have
      been discussed include reinstating the Non-Member
      Surcharge, or designating a percentage of the gate from each
      event to go to the Corporation. Undoubtedly there are
      many, many other possibilities that have not yet been
      brought to the table. Again, the Board asks for your
      comments and suggestions. "Unbundling" the publications
      from membership and/or increasing the cost of
      memberships are undoubtedly not the only options. There may
      well be other answers. Nothing will be done until
      after input from the members and Kingdoms is received
      and carefully considered. The membership will be kept
      informed on the<br>status of this endeavor. Please send
      your comments no later than June 15, 2002
      to:<br>Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc. PO Box 360789
      Milpitas CA 95036-0789 Or electronically to:
      comments@... Sincerely yours,The SCA, Inc. Board of Directors
    • bubdog101
      Message 2565 of 2565 , Dec 6, 2003