Re: Introductions

  • gillins
    Message 1 of 2565 , Jan 3, 2002
      Okay, here goes...<br><br>My SCA persona is
      Earnan MacKay, born in Durness, Scotland in 1304. I was
      9 years old at the time that my father and two
      brothers fought with Robert the Bruce at Bannockburn. All
      three died from wounds received in battle, which left
      me an orphan, as my mother died giving birth to
      me.<br><br>I was passed from relative to relative, until at
      the age of 16, I met a travelling Norseman, who
      invited me to join him in his travels (as a sort of
      servant/student). We travelled the Known World, eventually ending
      up in the Kingdom of Drachenwald, where I learned
      the martial art of heavy combat. The Norseman, as I
      came to call him, and I parted company, and I
      continued to travel, alone, until I felt a call to return
      to my homeland, as ALL good Scotsmen
      do...<br><br>That's as far as my story has progressed, so
      far.<br><br>Mundanely, I was in the Army in Germany when I first started
      playing, in 1989. Upon leaving the military in 1991,
      Because of personal circumstances, stopped
      playing.<br><br>Last season, I decided it was time to play again, and
      threw myself into the fray wholeheartedly, as Njal can
      attest. And thanks to the guidance and friendship that so
      proliferates the Society, have been welcomed as a long lost
      son. I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!<br><br>I simply picked up
      my persona where I left off about 10 years ago.
    • bubdog101
      Message 2565 of 2565 , Dec 6, 2003