Chain is cool!!!

  • k_hinote
    Message 1 of 2565 , Jun 6, 2000
      Well, I ordered 2 pounds of 12.5 gauge alumunium
      dull finish wire with a 3/8" I.D. That came last
      friday. <br><br>I have today finished weaving it all
      together. I'm totally pleased. The work was not hard, just
      a little tedious. The hardest part of weaving it
      all together was to follow the grain, so to speak.
      The rings lay in a certain way, and it is super
      important to make sure all the rings lay in the same
      direction.<br><br>I started off opening about a third of the cut
      rings, which is to just make the ring wider. Then I
      closed the rest, just butted the two sides
      together.<br><br>On one open ring I would but 4 closed rings, then
      closed the open one. Then I would take two of the side
      rings and place then in an open one. then repeated.
      get a order in I'll do a step by step.<br><br>I'll be
      happy to try to explain it if you have some
      questions.<br><br>Martin
    • bubdog101
      Message 2565 of 2565 , Dec 6, 2003