Discussion on SCA Organization and Law

  • ianjkorman
    Message 1 of 2565 , Oct 2, 2001
      Thank you again for your thorough response Lady
      Kathryn. You tell a similar tale to that I have heard from
      others.<br><br>Quite a few of my friends that have either been in the
      SCA for many years or are thinking about joining are
      in houses and don't participate in larger groups due
      to incidents that they have personally experienced
      or heard about like the one you describe. I am
      trying to work out how much I want to be involved in SCA
      and to what level I want to volunteer. For me
      personally the higher level of organization a club has the
      more enjoyment I get out of it.<br><br>I am an officer
      in a local Toastmasters group. Toastmasters has its
      own unique protocols and customs but it also has a
      solid orderly foundation. Does the SCA follow something
      akin to Robert's Rules of Order for meetings? From the
      local meeting I have attended so far this seems to be
      the case.
    • bubdog101
      Message 2565 of 2565 , Dec 6, 2003