Midrealm Map & Member Rights

  • ianjkorman
    Message 1 of 2565 , Oct 2, 2001
      I was told you have to live in a certain zip code
      to vote in a particular group. I have also been told
      that some groups will allow active participating
      members to vote regardless of their address.<br><br>Here
      is just one of the laws where I assume the wording
      here is talking about voting which is actually
      verified. Can you be so gratious as to explain this to some
      of us newbies? Does it mean that people in the
      Barony can make their will known but that the Crown can
      reject the will of the people?:<br>XV-100 - A letter of
      request from the populace and polling information from
      the Kingdom Seneschal's office shall be forwarded to
      the Crown for consideration of any appointment of a
      Territorial Baron and Baroness. The letter and polling must
      reflect the consensus of the members of the Society
      within the proposed Barony. The populace of a Barony and
      the resigning Baron/Baroness (if a Baron and Baroness
      are currently in place) shall in this way advise the
      Crown regarding the appointment of a new
      Baron/Baroness. Consideration of the letter and polling requires
      that the selection of the Baron and Baroness must not
      be substantively opposed by the members resident in
      the Barony.
    • bubdog101
      Message 2565 of 2565 , Dec 6, 2003