Lochac Spring War VII

  • graham_austdisp
    Message 1 of 2565 , Oct 1, 2001
      Well, what can I say? I ache all over, I have
      scars (literally) & can hardly move. However if some
      one offered me a pick up fight right now I'd be
      armoured up & begging my ladies favor & do it all
      again!!!<br>We arrived on site Fri arvo & once the tavern was
      set up I was the fist on the Felag list & the first
      with a drink in his hand (portent of things to come),
      I then met a lady who caught my eye, for the whole
      weekend. We stayed up all night drinking & didnt get to
      bed untill morning (9am for her & 1pm for me), before
      wich I had my chin opened up by a flying pewter mug
      (mine) which gave me a nice little scar of about an
      inch. All Saterday folks were saying "Ohhh, so that was
      YOU....". So of course I spent the rest of the day running
      aroung trying to burn off energy untill 1pm when I
      finally crashed & woke in time to see the armies
      returning from the field...(damn it).<br>Sunday morning was
      exellent after a relatively early night I awoke ready to
      don the old mobile pressure cooker, which I did went
      & got passed by the marshalls while adoring the
      praise my harness recived, eg; geez thats nice armour,
      but your an idiot for wearing it in this heat, type
      thing LOL.<br>Moved on the field with Mordenvale
      (Huzzah) & formed up (after the usual wait) into our
      respective shield walls, put up with the hail of arrows that
      followed, then all hell broke loose & our wall moved
      forward, I think I lasted obut 1 minute once we closed the
      the enemy, after wich I wore all the opposition on my
      chest.<br>Second fight was were it all ended for me. We once again
      put up with a constant barrage of arrows & then
      closed with them again, almost every one paired off for
      single combat, I on the other hand spoted 3 enemy
      archers happily killing off my Mordenvale mates, so I
      went & killed one, the other two turned & fled, I gave
      chase & caught my foot on a hidden log & fell VERY
      heavily head first & the resulting pain in my spine along
      with the searing heat (30 degrees by then) & all the
      other knocks I'd recived took their toll.<br>I stood up
      & the merry go round (carousel to our American
      friends) started, all I could do was stagger up to a water
      barer while stripping my harness, drink deeply & fall
      down. I was carried off the field on a
      stretcher.<br>Whilst I did enjoy the sponge bath I was given by a
      beutiful young maid, the lady that had caught my eye was
      told to tend to other duties (damn it) as I THINK she
      wanted to be my pillow, but in my condition I had to
      make do with another beutiful young maid (I thank
      her). I spent the rest of the day with tha Lady Alisand
      of the Lake (probably spelt wrong) to whom I am in
      debt to for searching me out on the field of honour &
      providing water (what a woman). At this Time I dedicated my
      slain archer to her & later challenged a Knight to earn
      her favor.<br>Monday morning, comes around & along
      with it my fight with the Knight. My lady provided a
      small cord from her bag for me to wear during my
      combat. The fight itself went well, which is to say that
      I didnt get too badly beaten ;-), I did however
      'leg' him.<br>So I have an archer & the leg of a knight
      to the tally for my lady......I WILL improve this
      tally at Valhalla in Nov.<br>Your war
      correspondent,(whats left of him)<br>Roderick G.I.T.(Grog In Training)
    • bubdog101
      Message 2565 of 2565 , Dec 6, 2003