Madison area fabric/needlework resources

  • elizaramz
    Message 1 of 2565 , Sep 24, 2001
      I'm about to attend my first SCA event that I'll
      need garb for, so it's time to dig the sewing machine
      out of mothballs and make something for myself and my
      beloved. Which means that soon I'll be doing some serious
      fabric shopping. I've only been in Madison for a little
      over a year, and am quite unfamiliar with where to
      shop locally besides the usual JoAnn's type places. I
      was a bit spoiled in Minneapolis having S.R. Harris
      and Mill End Textiles both in town; I miss them
      keenly. Are there any similar places either locally, or
      within a couple of hours' drive? Are there any top
      secret resources that local tailors would be willing to
      share? In short, where do all you cheesehead cloth
      addicts do your shopping? :)
    • bubdog101
      Message 2565 of 2565 , Dec 6, 2003