Re: AnTir Crown

  • njal_tjorkilsson
    Message 1 of 2565 , Sep 3, 2001
      The battle for succession to the Black Lion
      Throne is complete.<br>Wiliam has conquered (hehehe) the
      contender to the crown Sir Einar Gunthersson<sp>
      called Oak.<br><br>(Actually Sir Oak is a really great
      guy who has won three Silver Roses <2nd place
      award>. It was a very close thing and Sir Oak is well
      loved by all of An Tir><br><br>Being a "War Crown"
      the final round was decided by the participants of
      the previous days fighting choosing one of the
      contenders to fight for. Then the two Contenders and their
      armies did battle(best 3 out of 5).<br><br>First was an
      open field battle: It was almost a rout as Wiliam's
      Forces overwhelmed Sir Oak's.<br><br>Second Was a river
      battle where Knights were standing and all others were
      on their knees as they crossed "a river". Sir
      Hathawulf Spearbreaker was Sir Wiliam's general (also the
      Warlord of An Tir and Kingdom Champion) Sir Hathawulf's
      tactics proved exceptional as Sir Wiliam's forces took
      the river.<br><br>The Third battle was a "kill the
      prince" battle.<br>Both contenders had banner bearers and
      had to stay with them. The goal was for one side to
      kill the opposing leader (Prince).<br>As Wiliam and
      our Father look very similar the marshals called the
      battle over when My father (Duke Tjorkill) was killed-
      not realizing that he was not the right
      person.<br>This battle was refought.<br>The second run of this
      the two armies clashed. Sir Oak's forces charged Sir
      Wiliam's shield wall and the lines split. Both sides were
      evenly depleted but no "prince" fell.<br>Duke Sir Skepti
      Ravensfury charged forward leaving behind a trail of death,
      and called out Sir Oak in single combat and it was
      granted.<br>It was a valiant fight, but Duke Skepti felled Sir
      Oak and won the day for Sir Wiliam.<br><br>Much valor
      was demonstarated on the glorious field of battle in
      An Tir.<br><br>Three cheers for Sir Einar called
      for his royal highness, Thegn Sir Wiliam Tjorkilsson,
      twice dreaded black prince of the summits.<br>Wiliam
      Service to the Black Lion Thrones of An Tir<br>In Omnia
      Veritas<br>Njal Tjorkilsson
    • bubdog101
      Message 2565 of 2565 , Dec 6, 2003