Well spoken, Njal!

  • Delena_Kine
    Message 1 of 2565 , Sep 1, 2001
      I think for the most part you're right. The SCA
      certainly *does* seem to appeal to a certain kind of
      person, one who always seemed off-beat from the rest,
      marching to a totally different drummer as we are. And
      there has to be *some* form of interest in history and
      this era, in particular. <br><br>But maybe, with the
      way people have been greeted (friendly or
      not-so-friendly) perhaps it's just certain areas? Or even smaller
      groups? My husband and I were very warmly received when
      we went to check out our first fighting practice. Of
      course, it helped that I knew Grainne from elsewhere, but
      there were so many people willing to yak all evening
      with me while we watched the men wave sticks around.
      workshop geared towards the newbies with info on
      everything from how (and why) SCA works, how An Tir works,
      how to create a persona, etc. etc. Any word on that?
    • bubdog101
      Message 2565 of 2565 , Dec 6, 2003