Re: A quick question about Swedish surnames

  • greenfaere1
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 22 7:04 AM
      Firstly, Welcome Back!

      Pennsic War was a week early this year, ending Aug 3rd, so most of us who attended are pretty well recovered at this point. :) I would go ahead and email your local herald. Which kingdom are you in? There may be some of us who could point you to help in your area if we know where you are.

      I know a one or two of the people who do some of the research on St Gabe's. It's never quick, but when someone has time they do try to answer questions, and help with research. A simple question like "how do I construct a Swedish Descriptive byname, within this time frame [give a range of years, no more than about a century]?" is more likely to get an answer more quickly than asking them to research specific meanings or names. And, as I said the message about vacation is perpetually there, it never comes down after years of looking at the website.

      Your answer about construction (particularly about whether you can use 2 descriptors in a descriptive byname) may already be in the articles that are posted as well, so read through those first.

      If you are in the East, I can put you in touch with good heralds. If you are in another kingdom, I can ask the people I know who to put you in touch with.

      ~Alison Wodehalle
      East Kingdom