re: surrey

  • Stefan li Rous
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 22, 2013
      <<< Anyone surrey or Vancouver would like to start a study group and events with things to do close by. We would go to library and read books on medieval things and play games and have a talk and similar to the one in new west. any suggestions on how to get a local group started? >>>

      This is an international group for those new to the SCA, so it may not be the best place to locate folks in your local area. Are you in the SCA? Or connected with the local SCA group? If not, I think you can find the local group closest to you on the national SCA website at: www.sca.org

      I encourage you to look more at that site or at the NEWCOMERS section in my Florilegium website given in my signature below, especially if the SCA is new to you.

      The local groups should have a website or a newsletter to help you connect with folks in your area who might be interested in starting such a group, either under the auspices of the SCA or separately. Your kingdom (larger than the local groups) is the Kingdom of An Tir.

      Here is a file in the NEWCOMERS section which reviews some medieval oriented books which are good for those new to this area of study.
      intro-books-msg (36K) 6/ 8/99 Recommended books on the Middle Ages and
      Renaissance.
      http://www.florilegium.org/files/NEWCOMERS/intro-books-msg.html

      In the CHILDREN section:
      child-books-msg (26K) 1/25/08 Children's Medieval and Ren. history books.
      http://www.florilegium.org/files/CHILDREN/child-books-msg.html

      Stefan

      --------
      http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris