Re: chairs

  • Stefan li Rous
    Message 1 of 4 , May 30 2:07 PM
      D'vorah bint Da'ud replied to me with:
      <<< On 29 May 2013, at 8:10 PM, Stefan li Rous <stefanlirous@...> wrote:

      > The so-called "Viking Chair", made out of two wide two inch planks, appears to be only as old as the '60s. the 1960s.

      Ahem. Not exactly. Its design is at least a millennium old, in Africa. Somewhere, I had the documentation -- a photograph from an extant chair QUITE old and well within period, if not before, from some museum somewhere -- but the link doesn't work anymore. >>>

      Thank you. I will add this to the chairs-msg file the next time I update it. If come across this documentation or other, please let me know and I'll add that to the file as well.

      Stefan

      --------
      http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris
    • Justinos Tekton
      Message 2 of 4 , May 30 3:18 PM
        On May 29, 2013, at 23:10 , Stefan li Rous <stefanlirous@...> wrote:

        > When you say "X chair" are you talking about chairs that have just four legs? Or the ones that have a high number of parallel legs?

        I'm talking about this chair: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-chair

        According to Wikipedia, it's period for us; you can decide whether or not that's an adequate source for you.