RE: [SCA Newcomers] Tents, horses, too bright (modern color) garb and shoes for people... lol

  • Bambi Riggsbee Smith
    Message 1 of 12 , May 27, 2013
      A lot of people wear things that look like the Thoms canvas slipon. This is a mundanely available shoe available in a nuber ove different colors and fabrics. I would avoid thr sequins;~}. People also use karate shoes or chinese slippers. This ate light weight, easy to come by and inexspensive enogh to throw in your bag ad back up shoes should you find the just right pair down the road. I buy them a soze to large when i can so o can outfit them with orthodics.
      As far as tpning down ybe turquoise gown, a lot has to do with the fober content. If it is cotton linen or rayon, or any combination of those celulose fibers, any rit or tintex product could help. I would go for a larg e ammount of blak, or navy dye which would grey out the color some what .

      If the fiber content has a high synthetic content, its kind of a crap shoot but your tea or coffee idea is not a bad one. Ever try to get a coffee or tea stain out of anything? And although not turning stuff brown, it does always darken it.  So i would say yes but in order to havr good results, make yourself a about 2 gallons of black tea concentrated. Use three times the ammont of tea and simmer the teabags in the water for a whle . Then let the sit in it for the afternoon an when you pull them out squeeze em  to get every last drop of brown out. Get a big bucket pour the concentrate in and dilute with enough water to cover the dress. Mix well . Then put the dress in an swirl the whole thi.g under the liquid ao it will stain fairly even ly. Hope thos helps

      Sent from my Samsung Epic™ 4G Touch