Re: [SCA Newcomers] Frustrated

  • loricopland
    Message 1 of 30 , May 17, 2013
      The Chatelaine from your area should have what is called Gold Key which is loaner garb for newcomers. Mack knows the Chatelaine so I am sure he can hook you up and he does know how to sew really well!. The only requirement for an SCA event is an attempt at period garb. If your a male, plain dark sweatpants and either boots or dark sneakers works and a plain long T-shirt. For a female, if you have any long broomstick skirts with a pain top, can pass. Hopefully, at the event you attend they should have loaner garb there as well. Here is a link to making a T-tunic which is basically a long t-shirt. This works for both men and women: http://www.virtue.to/articles/in_depth_garb.html don't worry about headgear, not important for beginners. Again, only an attempt is required.

      If you have any other questions, Mack and I will try to help.

      Yours in Service,
      Assistant Seneschal Ostgardr
      Lady Eilionora inghean ui Ruairc
      (mundanely known as Lori O'Rourke Copland)