Ink Making for everyone

  • Ian Green
    Message 1 of 1 , May 14, 2013
      Greetings unto you from THL Ian the Green, scribe and ink maker.

      Making ink is actually a pretty easy thing to do and is one of the single
      most important ways we know information about the time period we attempt to
      recreate in the SCA. Even if you aren't a scribe, learning to make ink can
      be a fun and enjoyable activity. And you will probably make a lot of
      scribes around you very happy as well.

      Iron gall ink is one of the most basic inks and one of the easiest to make.

      A page from my blog showing various Iron Gall Ink recipes:

      http://scribescribbling.wordpress.com/ink-recipes-in-period/

      And this page will take you to the various posts on my blog about my recent
      ink making experiences:

      http://scribescribbling.wordpress.com/category/ink/

      If you have any questions about ink making I will be happy to assist you as
      best I can.

      --
      Yours In Service,

      THLord Ian the Green