Re: [SCA Newcomers] Another newbie

  • Elizabeth Nance
    Message 1 of 5 , May 5, 2013
      In my barony, in An Tir (Vulkanfeldt), no one shows up to weekly
      practices/events in period garb, aside from the armor parts used by
      heavy fighters and rapier for those practices. Social gatherings
      crafting times, etc are all done in mundane clothing, particular if it's
      something that could ruin good garb, like scroll painting and other
      forms of crafting.

      Besides, we're always happy to have newcomers show up, dressed or
      undressed! Newcomers are always welcome!

      -Elizabeth

      On 04-May-13 22:44, travelin99 wrote:
      > Greetings,
      > I live in the Barony of Aquaterra in An Tir, am trying to actually start going to events. I didn't see anyone in the members database listed from Aquaterra, but I want to attend the monthly social this Tuesday in Snohomish, and I'd just like reassurance that people show up in mundane clothing. My period garb is not ready yet and I can't seem to connect with anyone who can direct me in this kind of situation.
      >
      > Can anyone give me a general answer?
      >
      > Thanks.

    • travelin99
      Message 2 of 5 , May 5, 2013
        Thank you all for the replies! I'm reassured.

        *snipped by moderator*