[SCA Newcomers] Re: Pirates

  • An American
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 11, 2013
      I like the sound of privater. I have my research cut out but by the mostly friendly responses to my inquiry I am sure I will find a place for myself with in the SCA. thanks for making me feel welcome.

      Ronel

      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, Ian Green <ianthegreen01@...> wrote:

      > :-)
      >
      > One might note that the Thieves of Hearts are NOT pirates but we do have a
      > ship. The Privateers (as they have a letter of Marque from King Dag,) do
      > have some overlap with the Thieves of Hearts. For the average person the
      > difference is rather imperceptible.
      >
      > If you want the chemise pirate, go for it! Just dial back from the 1660s
      > to the 1590s. Sir Francis Drake (1540 – 27 January 1596) was knighted to
      > tick off the Spanish Crown who had demanded the arrest of the pirate
      > Francis Drake because he was so darned effective in destroying the Spanish
      > ships. The English Crown summoned him and then Knighted him for his work
      > on behalf of the crown.
      >
      > Or so the story goes.
      >
      > THL Ian the Green, Captain in the Thieves of Hearts, NOT A PIRA...er
      > PRIVATEER.

    • Bill Toscano
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 11, 2013
        That's our intent.

        I have an excellent contact for this topic, and I will get you his
        information.

        Liam
        (Who is at work and intiially signed this with his mundane name.)