Re: Kingdom?

  • Stefan li Rous
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 10 1:33 PM
      Ian the Green commented:
      <<< I have lives in three different kingdoms and at least 5 different groups.
      One thing I have learned is, the SCA is the SCA wherever you go.

      Sure the locals are different. The Kingdoms rules and customs may be
      different, but it is still the SCA. >>>

      Not just directed at the original poster, but anyone who is changing kingdoms, keep in mind the second comment above. Just because things were done one way in your last group doesn't mean they are better or worse than where you currently are.

      It is best not to start off with "It was much better in my last group. There we did it this way…"

      Some useful comments for people moving from group to group. In the NEWCOMERS section in the Florilegium:

      Othr-Newcomrs-art (16K) 2/23/03 "The 'Other' Newcomers" by Lady Wilhelmina
      Catharin de Rochelle. For SCA folks moving from one group to another.
      http://www.florilegium.org/files/NEWCOMERS/Othr-Newcomrs-art.html

      SCA-trans-msg (18K) 1/ 4/96 How to handle the move from one group to
      another. For the people in the group too.
      http://www.florilegium.org/files/NEWCOMERS/SCA-trans-msg.html

      Another article, perhaps of more usefulness to brand new folks, but also useful for those moving to a new group:
      How-2-get-2do-art (12K) 4/23/11 "How to get to do things in the SCA" by
      Duchess Willow de Wisp, OL, OP, OR.
      http://www.florilegium.org/files/NEWCOMERS/How-2-get-2do-art.html

      Stefan
      --------
      http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris
    • myvrocks382
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 10 3:15 PM
        Thanks so much to everyone for the advice and the links to the articles~!