Re: [SCA Newcomers] A Woman's Place

  • j davis
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 23, 2013
      hi there shelby. welcome to the SCA. a woman's place is always below that of a supiour man. but only if she can find one. those of us who thought that we were supiour, soon met many women that proved us to be in error.  seriously, even in the middle ages women were not as subjegated as modern feminists want you to believe. so, (i am assuming here that you are of the female gender), no man in his proper mind, will treat you as beneath him. if you find one that does, please point him out-loudly-so we might all enjoy seeing this rare example of a dying moronity.

      the basic idea of the society is to recreate the better parts of the middle ages, and improve on the bad parts. (we believe in baths and deodorant!) so, please meet up with us, tell us where you are located. we might be able to help you find a local group join. and feel free in any case to come on here and ask any question you want.  when i was teaching i often told my students that the only stupid question was the one that was not asked. ( i taught soliders in the army in the early eighties. NEVER challenge these types like that! the results are terriffying!)

      again, welcome, have fun!  brother john of antioche