re: hi!

  • Stefan li Rous
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 17, 2013
      Deborah asked:
      <<< Im a newbie to sca, and just wondering if someone could please correspond with me about basic stuff i need to know?

      Im honestly rather clueless, other than I need to make garb, and guys that fight with swords are hawt. I have tent, and sleeping bag.

      You might want to take a look at the NEWCOMERS section in the Florilegium. The address is given in my signature block below.

      <<< I just joined another group that will teach me how to cook sca food. (yay i love to cook) >>>

      There are a number of sections in the Florilegium having to do with cooking such as:
      Feast-Reviews Feasts Food
      Food-Books Food-Breads-Grains Food-By-Region
      Food-Condiments Food-Dairy Food-Fruits
      Food-Manuscripts Food-Meats Food-Sweets
      Food-Utensils Food-Vegetables

      I also have a section dedicated specifically to BEVERAGES.

      There is also a CLOTHING section.

      If you have a particular type of food or a culture that you are interested in, send me an email or post here and I'd be happy to suggest various files that might interest you.

      <<< i will be going to my first garb making meeting, but i would like to make connections, and kind of help my shire get a little better organized. i am hoping to make connections that can kind of teach me about the sca organization in general, and ideas for fun shire parties that are family friendly. :D >>>

      Perhaps some of the games and files in the CHILDREN section might be of interest. There are also at least a pair of articles there on making clothing for children.

      <<< i am working on a scottish persona: lark macintosh. Please let me know if this is an acceptable name. >>>

      I'm not a name herald, so I'd hate to hazard a guess.

      But perhaps these files, from your earlier comments, might be of interest?
      cl-Scot-fem-art (14K) 7/ 2/96 Scottish women's clothing.
      http://www.florilegium.org/files/CLOTHING/cl-Scot-fem-art.html

      cl-Scot-male-art (18K) 6/20/96 Scottish men's clothing.
      http://www.florilegium.org/files/CLOTHING/cl-Scot-male-art.html

      cl-Scotland-msg (120K) 6/17/12 Clothing of Scotland. folding of kilts.
      http://www.florilegium.org/files/CLOTHING/cl-Scotland-msg.html

      Kilts-1590-art (20K) 2/13/11 "More than you ever wanted to know about the
      kilt" by Lord Gregor Mac Beathain.
      http://www.florilegium.org/files/CLOTHING/Kilts-1590-art.html

      Scotland-lnks (20K) 10/12/03 Web links to medieval Scotland
      by Dame Aoife Finn of Ynos Mon.
      http://www.florilegium.org/files/CULTURES/Scotland-lnks.html

      Scotland-msg (72K) 2/25/12 Scottish culture. Who lived where. Medieval
      points of interest. The Orkney Islands.
      http://www.florilegium.org/files/CULTURES/Scotland-msg.html

      fd-Scotland-msg (66K) 8/21/10 Medieval food of Scotland. Recipes.
      http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BY-REGION/fd-Scotland-msg.html

      fd-Scot-11thC-art (45K) 10/16/10 "Food of 11th Century Scotland" by
      THL Johnnae llyn Lewis.
      http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BY-REGION/fd-Scot-11tC-art.html

      Stefan
      --------