less expensive Elizabethan personas

  • Stefan li Rous
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2013
      <<< I will say this: those who portray serfs, servants, and others with little to no status can get away with owning less garb (and less expensive garb) than those whose status would mean wearing the simpler/less expensive things would be instantly a point of embarrassment. I do know those who have decided to portray those of the peasant class, until they got their clothing and encampments a bit upgraded.
      D'vorah bint Da'ud >>>

      For those who would like to live in the Elizabethan age but don't think they can afford to buy or make what is thought of as the traditional outfit for that age, this is a good solution. Create a persona of a middle class person. The portraits you see are of the very, upper, upper class. A middle class persona will be cheaper and easier to do and then as your time, knowledge and perhaps dedication to this Society grow you can then create one of those high court outfits you may have dreamed of.