peasant and other different personas

  • Stefan li Rous
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2013
      Justin commented:
      <<< All that being said, if anyone *wishes* to portray a serf, either as an
      alternate persona or as their main persona, it's not against the rules. >>>

      and
      <<< Short answer: You are permitted to be a serf if you want, but no one can
      ever force you into that role. >>>

      For those who might wish to play a peasant, either temporally or as a main persona, perhaps this Florilegium file in the CULTURES section might be of interest:
      peasants-msg (52K) 7/22/12 Peasants in period and SCA. peasant personas
      http://www.florilegium.org/files/CULTURES/peasants-msg.html

      For some other less standard persona ideas, see these files in the PERSONA section:
      per-insanity-msg (30K) 4/17/08 Insane personas, insanity in period.
      http://www.florilegium.org/files/PERSONAS/per-insanity-msg.html

      per-lepers-msg (9K) 2/23/01 Stories of using leper personas.
      http://www.florilegium.org/files/PERSONAS/per-lepers-msg.html

      Stefan
      --------
      http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris
    • Shelby Stein
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2013
        Thanks for all the cool links!  I'll definitely follow up on them.   Also, I'm a writer/bard in medieval epic poetry.  Is that a profession in the SCA?

[...]

      • aranwen_of_willowford
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 7, 2013
          Heck yeah it is. You can be a Bard!

          You might look for a group local to your kingdom as well. For example, my kingdom of Meridies has a bardic community within the Minstrels guild.
          http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/minstrel.html