Lucett Weaving

  • chemistbb3
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 22, 2013
      Anyone have an idea what the ratio of yarn to finished braid in Lucett weaving is? I am starting a project and I want to be sure I have enough yarn.

      Thanks

      William
    • aranwen_of_willowford
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 23, 2013
        Greetings William!

        Now granted, somebody on the list may happen to know and reply yet, but your best bet may be to find a textiles group since you have a specific interest going on. I myself just learned how to use a lucet 2 weekends ago so I haven't a clue quite yet. :) But, these folks should:

        I'm in Meridies so this group is focused there, but not limited to to the area.

        Or maybe this one if you're closer to Middle Kingdom.

        Just some potential thoughts, at least.

        ~Aranwen

        --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, chemistbb3 wrote:

        > Anyone have an idea what the ratio of yarn to finished braid in Lucett weaving is? I am starting a project and I want to be sure I have enough yarn.
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > William

      • chemistbb3
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 23, 2013
          Thanks

          William

          --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "aranwen_of_willowford" wrote:

          > Greetings William!
          >
          > Now granted, somebody on the list may happen to know and reply yet, but your best bet may be to find a textiles group since you have a specific interest going on. I myself just learned how to use a lucet 2 weekends ago so I haven't a clue quite yet. :) But, these folks should:

          > I'm in Meridies so this group is focused there, but not limited to to the area.
          >
          > Or maybe this one if you're closer to Middle Kingdom.
          >
          > Just some potential thoughts, at least.
          >
          > ~Aranwen
          >
          > --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, chemistbb3 wrote:
          > >
          > > Anyone have an idea what the ratio of yarn to finished braid in Lucett weaving is? I am starting a project and I want to be sure I have enough yarn.
          > >
          > > Thanks
          > >
          > > William

        • Misty S
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 26, 2013
            Usually it takes 9 feet of string to produce 1 foot of finished lucet cord.
            However, I usually add 1 foot to each project for the "tails" on either end
            (have to have something to hold onto to make it, right?) Hope that helps.

            Misty of Loch Gryffyn
            Kingdom of Trimaris

          • chemistbb3
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 26, 2013