new groups and households

  • Stefan li Rous
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 17, 2013
      <<< I joined the group a while ago and if I remmember well I had a lot of questions lol. Well with some of the help and hints I recieved from you guys I found the good people of Trimaris and others from Florida on facebook. They have been most helpful...and since they are the nearest SCA community for me in Puerto Rico I hope to started up a group or something here. We(some friends and I) have been reading, watching and practicing/studying HEMA/WMA for a little over a year now....we have been also researchin places where we can purchase SCA ready equipment and also we have been working on making our own.

      So, just to let you know we are unto something and we may have some Heavy list fun in the near future.
      Att
      José Ortiz >>>

      Wonderful! Best of luck.

      Perhaps these files in the SCA-INC section of the Florilegium might be of use.
      new-groups-msg (28K) 10/18/11 Procedures and advice on starting new SCA
      groups.
      http://www.florilegium.org/files/SCA-INC/new-groups-msg.html

      Start-a-Group-art (16K) 1/12/10 "Forming a New SCA Branch: A Guide to Getting
      Started" by Maistor Justinos Tekton called Justin.
      http://www.florilegium.org/files/SCA-INC/Start-a-Group-art.html

      recruiting-art (16K) 7/13/02 "On the Recruiting and Retention of New
      Members" by Lady Meliora Leuedai de Ardescote.
      http://www.florilegium.org/files/SCA-INC/recruiting-art.html

      recruitment-msg (57K) 9/29/10 Recruitment ideas. Bringing in new members.
      http://www.florilegium.org/files/SCA-INC/recruitment-msg.html

      Sometimes because of the small size of a group, I often recommend forming a household rather than an official SCA group. Here is some info on households and the pros and cons of them.
      households-msg (34K) 2/ 5/08 Comments on households in the SCA.
      http://www.florilegium.org/files/SCA-INC/households-msg.html

      Stefan

      --------
      http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris