Nice event for newcomers

  • stbdhead
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2013
      Greetings! I wanted to let people know about a nice event which will be
      held by the Canton of Greenlion Bay, in the Barony of Bright Hills in
      the Kingdom of Atlantia, this Saturday, Jan 5th. The Lion's Head Tavern
      is a wonderful, low-key event with Bardic & Brewing competition, dancing
      & dayboard & feast provided by the Bright Hills Cook's Guild. We would
      love to extend an invitation to anyone interested who is in or near the
      Northeast corner of Maryland's Eastern Shore. We are very close to DE &
      southern PA if you are located in the East Kingdom. We will have loaner
      garb on hand if anyone needs it.
      Here is the information:

      <Greetings unto all from the Canton of Greenlion Bay, in the barony of
      Bright Hills!

      We take great delight in inviting all to come to our day of feasting and
      fun on the Eve of the Epiphany, this Saturday, the 5th day of January!
      Bring your Bardic entries and your brewing delights for our competition.
      Enjoy a day of feasting, music, dancing, and tale telling. The Bright
      Hills Cooking Guild will be providing a day board and mid-winter feast.
      Wear your finest and celebrate the season.

      The Day Board and Feast is being provided by the Barony of Bright Hills
      Cooks Guild. Please contact them with dietary restrictions or questions
      about the food provided. The menu is as follows and may be subject to
      change:

      Lunch

      Chicken Soup, Lentil Soup (V),Heathen Cakes (meat pie),Mushroom Pastys
      (V),Bread & Butter (V),

      Fruit (V),Vegetables (V),Cookies (V)

      Feast

      First Course

      Gebraten Milch (Roasted Milk/Grilled Cheese) (V),Bread & Butter
      (V),Grilled Chicken,

      Condimente (Honey Mustard Sauce) (V),Garlic Sauce, Honey Glazed Carrots
      (V),Fruited Rice (V)

      Second Course

      Roast Pork Loin, Gravy, Braised Red Cabbage (V variant offered), Spatzel
      (V), Apple Sauce (V)

      Dessert Board

      (V) = vegetarian

      Autocrat's Information: Philipp Hartrat (Keith Less), 108 Cedarwood
      Dr., Galena, MD 21635, Phone: (443) 480-3075, E-mail:
      revkeith54[AT]yahoo.com
      Reservations: Send reservations to autocrat

      Site Restrictions: service animals only. This is a wet site.

      Site: Trinity Lutheran Church 101 Greenwood Ave. Chestertown, MD 21620.
      Site opens 9am, closes 10pm

      Directions: From the Bay Bridge, take MD 213 north to Chestertown.
      Bear to the left at the second traffic light which becomes Washington
      Ave. Up the hill on the right at the corner of Washington and Greenwood
      Ave. is the site.
      From the north. Take your best route to MD 213 south and enter
      Chestertown. Site will be on the left on Washington Ave.

      Cost:
      Adult, Member: $5.00 Day-Trip
      $10.00 Feast $0.00 Camping
      Adult, Non-Member: $10.00 Day-Trip $10.00
      Feast $0.00 Camping

      Youth (13-18) Member: $5.00 Day-Trip $10.00
      Feast $0.00 Camping
      Youth (13-18):Non-Member: $10.00 Day-Trip $10.00 Feast
      $0.00 Camping

      Child (0-12): Member: $5.00 Day-Trip $10.00
      Feast $0.00 Camping
      Child (0-12): Non-Member: $8.00 Day-Trip $8.00 Feast
      $0.00 Camping

      Cost Notes: Family groups of 4 or more will pay a maximum of $20.00
      for the event. Sorry, but no discounts are available for the feast and
      day board. If you pre-register you will receive a $2.00 discount for
      the event.

      We look forward to your joining with us for a relaxing day on
      Maryland's Upper Eastern Shore!>

      Caitriona MacClane, Cornet Herald, Canton of Greenlion Bay