Re: [SCA Newcomers] (unknown) [[ MODERATOR ]]

  • Justinos Tekton
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 21, 2012
      On 12/20/2012 08:18 PM, Tom Hickey wrote:
      > Justinos, please unsubscribe me from this SCA list.
      > It's interesting and occasionally I've been able to learn interesting things from members of the group.
      > However since I live and work full-time in Silver City I can't attend events or even meet members of the group.
      > Also this isn't the first time someone on the list has been hacked and I just don't want to risk it happening to me if I open an e-mail. Sorry, thank you.
      > Tom Hickey

      Good morning!

      I'm sorry to see that you want to leave the list, but of course respect
      your decision. As moderator of this list on Yahoo and about two dozen
      lists on my own servers, I have been extremely frustrated by the hacking
      of Yahoo and Hotmail email accounts, particularly since most of the attacks
      I've seen have been "phishing" attacks, which work by tricking the user
      into divulging their password. If people would just be more careful about
      clicking links and believing "login" pages, phishing attacks would be
      almost unheard of.

      To unsubscribe from the list, you don't actually need my help. Just
      follow the instructions that appear in the footer of every message.

      Kind regards,

      fesswise reversed sable.

      justin@... http://4th.com/sca/justin/