Re: [SCA Newcomers] (unknown) [[ MODERATOR ]]

  • Tom Hickey
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 20, 2012
      Sorry, in the early 14th century we don't understand such sorcery.  Thank you.

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 21, 2012
        On 12/20/2012 08:18 PM, Tom Hickey wrote:
        > Justinos, please unsubscribe me from this SCA list.
        > It's interesting and occasionally I've been able to learn interesting things from members of the group.
        > However since I live and work full-time in Silver City I can't attend events or even meet members of the group.
        > Also this isn't the first time someone on the list has been hacked and I just don't want to risk it happening to me if I open an e-mail. Sorry, thank you.
        > Tom Hickey

        Good morning!

        I'm sorry to see that you want to leave the list, but of course respect
        your decision. As moderator of this list on Yahoo and about two dozen
        lists on my own servers, I have been extremely frustrated by the hacking
        of Yahoo and Hotmail email accounts, particularly since most of the attacks
        I've seen have been "phishing" attacks, which work by tricking the user
        into divulging their password. If people would just be more careful about
        clicking links and believing "login" pages, phishing attacks would be
        almost unheard of.

        To unsubscribe from the list, you don't actually need my help. Just
        follow the instructions that appear in the footer of every message.

        Kind regards,

        fesswise reversed sable.

        justin@... http://4th.com/sca/justin/