A Website for SCA calligraphers and illuminators

  • Ian Green
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 18, 2012
      Greetings unto you from the Honorable Lord Ian the Green.

      When I was a beginning scribe finding information wasn't easy. As with all
      things new, finding the resources was difficult because I didn't know where
      to go looking. I hope you find that this website will help you with that
      immensely. Among other things it has links to online manuscripts,
      resources to purchase materials and links to every Kingdoms Signet page
      other kingdom specific resources.

      Scribal Resources for Scadians

      https://sites.google.com/site/scascribalresources/

      --
      Yours In Service,

      THLord Ian the Green

      "Verum resistit simplicitate."

    • aranwen_of_willowford
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 25, 2012
        What an excellent resource; thanks for sharing it. I'll be sure and save it to my Chatelaine's notes for newcomers on the scribal arts page, too.
        I think my Barony will enjoy it as well. We just had a class on beginning Illumination and scroll layout. I have had fun with it, and even created an original scroll. See there- it can be done, folks!

        ~Lady Aranwen
        Chatelaine for the Barony of Iron Mountain,
        in the Kingdom of Meridies

        --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, Ian Green <ianthegreen01@...> wrote:

        > Greetings unto you from the Honorable Lord Ian the Green.
        >
        > When I was a beginning scribe finding information wasn't easy. As with all
        > things new, finding the resources was difficult because I didn't know where
        > to go looking. I hope you find that this website will help you with that
        > immensely. Among other things it has links to online manuscripts,
        > resources to purchase materials and links to every Kingdoms Signet page
        > other kingdom specific resources.
        >
        > Scribal Resources for Scadians
        >
        > https://sites.google.com/site/scascribalresources/
        >
        > --
        > Yours In Service,
        >
        > THLord Ian the Green
        >
        > "Verum resistit simplicitate."
        >
        > http://sites.google.com/site/ianthegreen01/
        >
        > Ian's Flickr account <http://www.flickr.com/photos/ianthegreen/>

      • Softcombat Games
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 15, 2013
          Hi,

          I joined the group a while ago and if I remmember well I had a lot of questions lol. Well with some of the help and hints I recieved from you guys I found the good people of Trimaris and others from Florida on facebook. They have been most helpful...and since they are the nearest SCA community for me in Puerto Rico I hope to started up a group or something here. We(some friends and I) have been reading, watching and practicing/studying HEMA/WMA for a little over a year now....we have been also researchin places where we can purchase SCA ready equipment and also we have been working on making our own.

          So, just to let you know we are unto something and we may have some Heavy list fun in the near future.
          Att
          José Ortiz