Re: Ashcroft Baker

  • pipadeblakemere
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 12 6:51 PM
      I know of numerous people in recent months who have had difficulties in contacting Ashcroft Baker.

      When you reach the point that you have the funds available for another helm down the road, I suggest you check out Armstreet. They are located in the Ukraine, but don't let that sway you. My husband designed a helm, and Armstreet gave us the deal around - at times, at even a third of the cost quoted by other armorers, and that included the shipping.

      Just something to keep in mind.

      In service,
      Lady Pipa de Blakemere
      al-Barran hospitaller

      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Etah" <db.etah@...> wrote:

      > If I can't find someone local with a good used Helm, I will likely buy it online. Is Ashcroft Baker legit? Their helms are decently priced.

    • Sheree
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 13 5:04 PM
        Thank you everyone for your help! After the feedback here and elsewhere,
        I've decided to contact Emeorkian - they've gotten great reviews and
        are comparable to Ashcroft.

        Cheers,
        Sheree

        On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 11:51 AM, pipadeblakemere <
        michellechilders@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > I know of numerous people in recent months who have had difficulties in
        > contacting Ashcroft Baker.
        >
        > When you reach the point that you have the funds available for another
        > helm down the road, I suggest you check out Armstreet. They are located in
        > the Ukraine, but don't let that sway you. My husband designed a helm, and
        > Armstreet gave us the deal around - at times, at even a third of the cost
        > quoted by other armorers, and that included the shipping.
        >
        > Just something to keep in mind.
        >
        > In service,
        > Lady Pipa de Blakemere
        > al-Barran hospitaller
        >

        > --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Etah" <db.etah@...> wrote:
        >
        > > If I can't find someone local with a good used Helm, I will likely buy
        > it online. Is Ashcroft Baker legit? Their helms are decently priced.

      • Jeff Suzuki
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 20 2:45 PM
          I'm saddened to hear that others have had bad experiences with them.  I made my purchases a few years back (around 2006, I think), so apparently their service and quality have gone downhill.

          Jeffs

          ________________________________
          I've bought things from them.  They've got some good basic gear at a reasonable price.

          Jeffs

          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 20 2:48 PM
            Not really about Ashcroft but GOSH! I am excited to see another Sheree on
            here! Hello Sister With Strange Spelling!!!

            Sheree
            AKA Miranda d'Gages
            Shire of Wyewood, An Tir
            Starting The Studio. My adventures in starting an art space.
            http://startingthestudio.blogspot.com/