Re: [SCA Newcomers] Mythology

  • Jeff Suzuki
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 12, 2012
      I see no problem with it.  In the modern world, we tell ghost stories around campfires, as well as fantasies about mythical beasts, like dragons and virgins.

      It's worth drawing a parallel:  we've all heard Pensic battle stories.  But you can either tell it straight, as part of the game we all enjoy, or you can tell it as if it occurred in a real battle where there was a real danger of injury or death.  In the latter case, it didn't "really" happen...but the whole point of telling a story is telling a story.

      Jeffs/William