Re: [SCA Newcomers] Mythology

  • tim belcher
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 11, 2012
      i think a viking of that time period would have no trouble talking about how he earned these treasures from a female trollor any other mythological beast that may be part of their legends

      Valdemar Steinsson

      mka tim belcher

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 12, 2012
        I see no problem with it.  In the modern world, we tell ghost stories around campfires, as well as fantasies about mythical beasts, like dragons and virgins.

        It's worth drawing a parallel:  we've all heard Pensic battle stories.  But you can either tell it straight, as part of the game we all enjoy, or you can tell it as if it occurred in a real battle where there was a real danger of injury or death.  In the latter case, it didn't "really" happen...but the whole point of telling a story is telling a story.

        Jeffs/William