Stefan's Florilegium article for July

  • Stefan li Rous
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2012
      Greetings to the Gentlefolk of the SCA,

      Here is a copy of my Florilegium article for July detailing what is
      new in the Florilegium this month.

      I am always looking for good articles for the Florilegium. If you have
      researched something in our period or you practice a little known art
      or craft, writing an article is an excellent way to introduce others
      to the work you've done. I'm especially interested in academic papers
      written for A&S contests because, unfortunately, few have time at such
      an event to read them. Even the judges. Getting them published in the
      Florilegium lets your hard word benefit the entire Known World. Word
      format is the easiest for me to handle, but others are possible.

      My career is taking an increasing amount of my time so I have less
      time to devote to maintaining the Florilegium. My health is also
      declining. So I am looking for one or more people who would like to
      help me with collecting messages and articles, editing and maintaining
      the site, perhaps even to keep it going after I am no longer to do so.
      If you might be interested, please contact me.

      If you, your household or your local group run a website, please
      consider adding a link there to the Florilegium. Not only does this
      help people who might be interested in what the Florilegium offers
      find the site, but it raises the site in the Google ratings and thus
      might bring in more ad money to keep the site going.

      Thanks,
      Stefan
      -------
      A Blending of the Past and Present

      Over the past twenty-two years in an ongoing effort, I have been
      collecting bits of useful information from various newsgroups, mail
      lists and articles submitted to me by their authors. In order to make
      this information available to others, I have placed this information
      in a collection of files called Stefan's Florilegium.

      I am always interested in new articles. If you have written an article
      that would be of interest to others in the SCA, please send it to me
      for possible inclusion in the Florilegium. A&S documentation and class
      handouts will also often work well. I am especially interested in
      research papers submitted as A&S entries.

      Advertisements on the site pay for its upkeep. If you enjoy the
      Florilegium, please click on an ad or two whenever you are there.

      THLord Stefan li Rous Ansteorra stefan at florilegium.org

      Here are the new files for this month:
      In the ARCHERY section:
      Scotsh-Archrs-art "Scottish Archers? Really?"
      by Lord Mungo Napier.
      In the BEVERAGES section:
      Cordials-art "Cordials, Brewing, and Vinting – using herbs
      and spices" by Lord William Ismeade
      In the CLOTHING section:
      cl-Japan-msg Clothing of medieval Japan.
      In the FOOD-SWEETS section:
      Candy-Making-art "The art of Candymaking: a brief introduction"
      by Lady Caterine de Vantier.
      In the NEWCOMERS section:
      Houses-Guilds-art "On Households, Guilds etc in the SCA"
      by Lord Ian the Green.

      Here are the updated files for this month.
      child-stories-msg Stories of SCA children.
      cinnamon-msg Period cinnamon. Types of cinnamon.
      cl-Scotland-msg Clothing of Scotland. folding of kilts.
      clocks-msg Medieval clocks and concepts of time.
      dates-msg Period date fruits. Recipes.
      ---
      Copyright 2012, Mark S. Harris. Permission to reprint in SCA-related
      publications is hereby granted if the file descriptions are left
      unchanged. Removing any of the updated files listed in order to fit
      the article into limited publication space is allowed. The article
      introduction may also be edited, provided the web address and contact
      info are retained.

      <end>
      --------
      http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris